1. We had a Hillsong Album recording on Sunday. It was one of the most incredible worship experiences I've ever been apart of. I am constantly blessed by such a phenomenal church. Be looking for the new album around July. It will NOT disappoint!
2. Brian only has 3 weeks of class. I can't believe he's nearly done with his first year. Its been an amazing ride for me to watch the Lord mold Brian into an incredible leader, musician, singer, and husband. I'm such a blessed wife.
3. I'm extremely psyched for Brian's Graduation Ball. Each year of completion, there is a Graduation Dinner & Dance for the students and their dates. Its a formal occasion. Fancy dinner, dancing, and most important FORMAL ATTIRE! I'm on the hunt for the perfect dress to wear at the perfect price (cheap)! Ha! Brian has a, how do I put it, unique style on the dance floor and I'm thrilled for all his fellow classmates, instructors, and Hillsong staff to experience it! Don't worry, we'll post heaps of pics. Oh, and its on Thanksgiving! So while you're eating Turkey, think of us as we'll be boogying down!
4. I haven't started listening to Christmas music-yet. And for those of you nearest and dearest to my heart, I know you are shocked. But its hard to listen to Winter Wonderland when you are sweating from 100 degree heat! I'm not complaining, I love my weekends at the beach but its not looking a lot like Christmas. But I'm gonna give it a go next week. I love me some Christmas music!
5. I love my job. I know heaps of people say this, but I really mean it. We had a boy come to us who could not read and he was in 5th grade. At the end of 4 weeks he is reading at a 1st grade level. How amazing is that? Not to mention, his confidence has gone through the roof. Don't get me wrong, its a lot of hard work but so worth it! And kids say the darndest things. For instance a boy today did not like my curly hair, "Erika did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" "No, why do you say that?" "Your hair looks like you did!" Heehee. Okay men, you can ONLY get away with this if you are 9. After that, you WILL get slapped.
6. Jillian Michaels is kicking my butt. Into shape that is. As most of you know, I am a fitness nazi (as my sis affectionately calls me). I've really gotten into fitness and working out the past 5 years or so. Its my stress relief! And normally I HATE workout dvds. I normally view them as "sissy". Until now. Jillian Michael's, she is the trainer for Biggest Loser, is one of the HARDEST workouts I've ever done. She does a circuit workout and I'm feeling it!!!
Thats about all for the Opperman household. We are so looking forward to our visit home, and reacquainting ourselves with all things "American"!