Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good-Byes Part I

Good-byes are never any fun. However, if you are an emotional, sleep deprived, and relationship oriented female this is ESPECIALLY true. I've found that I should ALWAYS carry a tissue and waterproof mascara! Our time in Springfield is slipping through my fingers. It seems like that April afternoon that we found out we were headed off to our Australian Adventure, was only yesterday! I realize that sounds cliche, but it is so true. Time has just flown! For those of you who are wondering "What AUSTRALIAN Adventure?!?!" Let me explain. Brian and I will be in Sydney, Australia for the next 3 years at Hillsong Church (FYI...this is the church of Darlene Zschech). Hillsong has a Leadership College where you can earn a ministry degree. Brian will be studying in the Worship and Creative Arts program. In addition to obtaining a degree you also get to do an internship with Hillsong. We are so excited to see the Lord work through this adventure. We are both thrilled about the ministry opportunities this is going to bring. The Lord is doing so much in me (that is a post for another day).

Back to good-byes...we've had so many great parties! The silver lining in good-byes, at least for me, is how incredibly loved you feel. I've been overwhelmed with the amount of love and geneorousity we've been shown. So to all of you who've had a hand in this..."Thank You!" Our first party was from the RBC Student Ministry. They surprised us after service last Wednesday night. I had no idea! They showered us with an array of food and fun. We were also presented with a journal that students and parents signed. This is the best gift they could have given us! And in case you're wondering...I blubbered. Our second party was another SURPRISE! The staff at Ridgecrest threw Brian and I a party complete with all the food you could imagine. I've been bombarded with love. My heart is full and happy, as well as my tummy!


Here are pictures of our Student Ministry Party. Pics of the staff party are coming soon!



Leigh Anna and I.



The boys gettin' crazy!



The boyz and me!


Our yummy cake!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for new adventures!! I am so excited for ya'll as you start out on this adventure! I can't wait to see your pictures and here your stories. I love you guys!

Jenny

Unknown said...

I will check this often - I'm so glad you are letting the rest of us share this experience with you!

Carolyn said...

Hi Erika...I have to tell you the I am soooooo excited that God brought you here....I know He wants to teach me so much through you and I can't wait to get to know you more the next few months and I can already tell it's going to hard to let you go....
Love you already!!!!
Carolyn