Thursday, February 26, 2009

God is awesome!!!!

Hello to all who read our blog.  I first just want to say thank you so much for all your prayers and support that you give us.  
School is going really well and finally our intensives have calmed down and we are in a regular schedule.  Intensives were two weeks of brain exploding information about church, communication, God, and you name it.  I have really enjoyed school so far, and God has taught me so much in the first few weeks. I have learned a lot about myself and have learned that in order to minister effectively to others, I first must understand why I am the way I am.  I have a past, just like everybody has a past, and if that is not dealt with, if I can't figure out how to deal with my own stuff, then I can't help anybody else or be as effective in ministry as I could be if I deal with myself.  There are things that God has shown me about myself, that I never saw as a big deal, and to most anybody it wouldn't be, but to God, It is a very big deal.  So I have been working through those things, and it has been absolutely freeing and amazing.  I am learning that God made me the way I am for a reason, and I shouldn't try to be anybody else except myself. Everybody is unique and should love that they are that way, because they are that way for a reason.  A simple concept that we hear from the time we are kids, but not until I actually took the time and thought about it and understood it and applied it to my life did it really sink in.  God is showing me what it is like to live in freedom and I am loving it.  It will be a long journey, but I know it will be incredible.
I am also taking a songwriting class this semester and am learning so much about it that I had no idea about before.  I am also taking an old testament class, and may I say I never spent very much time in the old testament before, but looking at it while in this class, I can see that I have been missing so much.  So all of you out there that think the old testament is no longer important, I encourage you to get back in it.  Its all there for a reason.  
Thank you all so much again for your prayer and support.  We have posted more pictures on facebook, we will keep trying here as well, but it is difficult to post them on this sight.  If you have a facebook go see them on our sight and add us as your friends if you need too.  I will try to do better about posting more. We love you all so much

Brian 

3 comments:

Matt Hamm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you. Keep up the good work and know that we are thinking and praying for you.
God Bless

HammFamm said...

Hey Brian and Erika,
I'm so excited to read about your adventure and what God is doing through your lives.
Take care and know that we are praying for you!
Steve & Becky
PS I've never Blogged before!