Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Guess who's joining the work force?

You guessed it I (erika) have a J-O-B!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your faithful prayers. I cannot begin to express my gratitude. I am so excited to start this new chapter in my working life. This isn't just a job to pay the bills. It isn't mundane or boring. Not a job I had to settle on out of desperation. This is a job I can wake up each morning excited about work and passionate about what I'm doing. God is so good. I'm just in awe each day of what he has up his sleeve.

As of Thursday February 19, I will be working for Lindamood-Bell. The organization is actually based in the US and has 40 offices there. There is also a office in London and the Sydney office just opened in February. This organization helps individuals with learning and developmental dissablities (dislexia, hyperdislexia, autism, ADD/ADHD). They use a cutting edge learning method which uses visualization and verbalization to increase the learning capacity for each of their students. I will be working as a clinician with kids and teens on a one-on-one basis. Their world renown learning method had been published in respected psychological journals, and the organization has done research for some of the world's top universities. I'm so excited to mesh my education in psychology and experience with teens in this position. Check out www.lindamoodbell.com !

I begin the 40 hours of training tomorrow (Thursday) and continue through the end of next week. Apparently its a pretty intense training where they will teach me their methods. Ready or not, training here I come! Have I mentioned how excited I am???? Heehee. I will post an update after my first couple of days of training and fill all you faithful readers in on my progress!

Love Ya:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Erika! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear updates on your job. It sounds really interesting and very challenging! I can't wait to hear how your first couple of weeks go!

Love you guys,
Jenny Cowart

Carolyn said...

Hey sweet girl! I am praying for your new job today.
Hope to hear more new words for our vocabulary next time you write! I love those.. hee hee