Monday, June 15, 2009

Driving in Australia and other things!!!

Hey everybody it has been a bit since I have blogged so I am here to tell you a little bit of what has been going on here.  I got to drive yesterday for the first time in 6 months.  It was so nice to be in a car and driving around, that is until I pulled out onto the street and cars were coming at me!!! Oh yes out of such habit I started driving down the right side of the road, and good thing it was on a side street.  There was no danger and I quickly went to the left side of the road, and had no trouble the rest of the time.  I was quickly reminded of all the comforts of having just a mode of transportation and how nice it is to just get in the car and go.  Most of the time we are waiting on busses and trains.  While it wasn't our car and we are back to the public transport which is really good here, I had so much fun driving!  Can I just start this post out by saying God is so good.  I am learning so much through him and all the classes that I am taking. 

I am learning in songwriting that when you get the most cliche thoughts, write them down, then go back and figure out new and fresh ways to say that same thing.  I have learned so much about leadership and communication as well.  I could write a whole wall posting on just what i have learned this semester, but will spare you a really long post.  

Erika and I are doing really well.  We are loving the new place and love our new flat mates.  They are such a huge blessing in our lives and really enjoy having a friendship with people that are our age and in a similar place and situation that we are.  

I have just about finished a song that i have been working on since we arrived here.  I know that it's a really long time to work on a song, but I heard some of the best advice and wisdom about that from someone i just met today.  He said "It's funny how you can spend months and months writing a song, and then there are the times where a song comes to you in about 3 minutes.  The really frustrating part is when people like the song that took 3 minutes better than the one that took months.  The good thing is that the 3 minute songs come through the learning and frustrations that come from a song that takes months and months to write."  That was such a great revelation and help to me.

I hope everything is going well at home.  I hear and see on the news that things are difficult in a lot of the country.  I want to leave you with this verse John 14:27, which was also a great inspiration to the song that I am writing.  Jesus says "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."  

We love you all and thank you for your support through prayers and finance.  You are such a blessing to us and we are forever grateful.

brian

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You two are so cute! I was thinking of you today and thought I would check out the blog to see if I had been missing anything!!! Way to go on catching up! I am so happy you LOVE your job Erika! Praise the Lord! God is good all the time and all the time, God is good. As goes the saying in Zambia Africa! I just got back from my Peru trip about two weeks ago and haven't had a chance to blog that either so I am a blog slacker too!!! hee hee...
I miss you girl. It's hard to believe it has almost been a year since you moved out there. Time flies! I will keep watchin for updates! I love you new layout by the way!