Wednesday, June 10, 2009

sick day with a sunny sky

So...I  (Erika) am home sick.  For clarification, I am at home and sick not to be confused with being home-sick.  Like clockwork, every time the season changes I get sick-boo.  June 1 brought winter to the southern hemisphere and 11 days later...I am sick.  Icky cold and allergies.  Sore throat and cough combined with no sleep left me with no choice but to call in sick to work.  Blah.  When I was a kid I LOVED sick days.  Sick days meant [fun and relaxation.  Now I just pace around the whole place thinking about what I should be doing instead of relaxing and trying to get better.  You should have see me at Brians parents house.  I paced around their house from 8 am to 3 am the next day.  He finally told me to shut up and go to bed.  I think he was tired and frustrated.  Oh and if my taster ever goes out.  God help us all I really freak out then.  If you can't tell by the writing style, Brian started writing where it says now I just pace.  Isn't he a riot]  Brian thinks he is SO funny.  As much as I would like to say the above is NOT TRUE...alas, I cannot.  Sorry for the imposter.  As I was saying, when I was a kid sick days meant TV (in large doses that were not usually allowed), reading, soup, and my mom at my every beck and call.  Ladies and Gents, it doesn't get any better than that.  But today didn't look like that.  I was home-alone.  Brian at school and then work.  So I got very bored.  And thought about EVERYTHING I should have been doing.  And wishing I was at work.  Some people play hookie from work and love sick days, but I LOVE MY JOB.  I hated missing it today.  Not because I would be behind or I felt guilty, but because I truly missed being there.  I did ALL of that but all I wanted to do was relax...ugghhh.  So frustrating.  But then came my silver lining...I had a mother/daughter date with my amazing mom over Skype.  Praise Jesus for Skype when you are 10,000 miles from home.  And I got to talk to her for two hours.  So in a way, I got my childhood sick day-my mom.   And then my awesome, amazing, phenomenal, HOT, and compassionate hubby came home from work and tended to my beck and call for the rest of the night.  Folks, it doesn't get any better than that!  After all was said and done and as much as I HATE being sick, it turned out to be an A-OKAY day!!!! 

2 comments:

michelle said...

ha! i tend to go on streaks ... i'm horrible at posting for months on end and then post a flurry right in a row.

ooh! i love S&S ... i'm had my eye on Mansfield Park for a while now at the bookstore. good stuff. :)

love the post (especially the clarification at the beginning - i could see why that would confuse)

:) love you dear. as always.

Mandy said...

Your church and its flipping Desert Song made me have impaired vision on my way to work this morning. SUCH a good CD. Hope you're having a great time!