Tuesday, July 7, 2009

pity. party.

well, this week is probably the biggest week in the life of our church. hillsong church. its hillsong conference. some of the world's best and well known leaders, pastors, and worship artists gather for one week in acer arena. its huge. i mean a REALLY BIG deal. everyone who is anyone is there. as apart of the college's requirements, the students are required to serve. so brian and all of the other students are there. serving. experiencing. and loving every second. our housemates are there. experiencing and loving it. and where am i, you ask? i am sitting on our couch with a blanket watching tv. not at conference. and feeling sorry for myself. and why am i not there? well, i am blessed with an incredible job. i really do LOVE my job and feel so blessed. however, we are in the midst of an extremely busy season/translation: i work until 5:30pm-6pm. the evening session of conference begin at 6pm...just in time...right? well, its an hour and a half train ride. i would get there as it was wrapping up. boo. so that is why i'm on the couch during the biggest week in church life. okay, enough with debbie downer. as i was sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself i realized how much i have to be thankful for...
*time to relax after an insanely busy day
*an incredible job that keeps me insanely busy
*amazing housemates who i love living life with
*incredible friends who will fill me in on every detail of conference
*a PHENOMENAL husband who puts up with my pity parties and loves me through them and teaches me what true serving is
*an incredible heavenly father who i get extra alone time with this week
so thank you for allowing me to get all that out. i feel much better. you never thought you would be my therapist, did you?!

xoxo
erika//

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey Debbie Downer... LOL. Thanks for your transparency! That's just what real people need... to see real people! I love you Erika!

Work is that same old thing... I still love it! Of corse your machine has been up and running for some time now and we are imaging all the cards on it..well not me we...but Records Mngmnt we...
The best way for me to sum up my trip to Peru is that my heart has been enlarged!!! I think I have found the me that has been lost for a long long time! I am so thankful for all I have and every trial that brings me closer to my Lord. Keep wathcing my blog...I am almost ready to post day 2 in Peru... I think it has taken me just as long to recap the day as it did to actually live it... There is just SOOOOOO much to say and I don't want to leave anything out!!!
You are missed here too my friend, but I know you are exactly where God wants you to be!
Lots of love...big HUGGS..

Carolyn said...

Hey girl! Sorry I have not written back since your last post to my page... I am struggling with some discipline issues in my life and there is no excuse!
I think you will be excited to know that Bill and I will be heading up a college class soon at our new church! God has opened the door for me to be able to teach the young women on Titus 2!!! I may be calling on you for some tips!!! I am so happy that the Lord crossed our paths... I hope I will get to see you again some day...before we get to eternity! I sure do miss you around here...
The Lord has also opened a door for a Barren Women study there at the church also. I have been asked to help with a small group!!! God is totally using everything in my life that He has been preparing me for all at once... It sure is overwhelming at times...but that is when I have to stop and remember that it is the LORD that is doing these things and He is allowing me to be a part of His plan!
Erika, you have come to my mind twice in the last few weeks and so I wanted to shout out at you to let you know that I am thinking of you and I'm praying for you. I pray that the Lord is your comforter and companion during this time and that you are seeing everything that the Lord wants you to see every day.
I love you friend and pray that all is well with you and your family.
Talk to you soon