Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ode to the Second Trimester...

Its been awhile folks, its been awhile. Its been a whirlwind around the Opperman household lately. Between all things Axel, getting ready for the holidays, and busy season in ministry, its been crazy-but a good crazy;) Believe it or not, I only have 5 precious days of my 2nd tri left. I cannot believe it. Its going by so fast. So far, my second trimester is my FAVORITE. So I thought I'd do a little ode to the 2nd trimester of all the wonderful things it brought.

Ode to my 2nd Trimester...

Oh, second trimester I can't believe its time to bid farewell. You brought so many wonderful things, and here a couple to name a few...

No more hanging my head over a porcelain stool

ENERGY!!

Less trips to the bathroom

A proper baby bump

Great reports from the doctor

Fun with the registry

Assembling of the nursery furniture

Decorating the nursery

Reading, Reading, Reading

Making appointments for check-in, childbirth classes, and parenting classes

Bedtime stories with Axel

Kicks, squirms, stretches, and in general a TON of movement from our active little man

Most of all such a LOVE for precious Axel and an attitude of undeserving gratitude to our Heavenly Father...what a gift!

Stay tuned for one last "bump" picture from the 2nd Trimester. I cannot wait to see what the 3rd trimester brings.





1 comment:

Momma said...

Punkin,
It's such fun reading your entries as it takes me back to my first pregnancy...you!! I'm so glad that you feel so good to enjoy this special time. Axel's movement takes me back to daddy pushing on my tummy and you pushing back! You two had such a goodtime at your after-work date!:) I enjoyed rubbing my belly and singing to you. Plus bedtime stories where a favorite time. Daddy could find me every night in the nursery rocking chair reading to my pregnant belly...guess I was in mommy training!! Hehehe...

Such fond memories!
Xoxoxoxo,
Momma:)