Monday, January 26, 2009

Back To School!

Yes, that is correct! Today is Brian's first day at Hillsong Leadership College! He was so excited! And so was I. I think I got a glimpse at motherhood today. I felt as if I was sending my firstborn off to school for the first time. I made him a hearty breakfast, packed him a sack lunch, and got him on his way! I was so PROUD! I even shed some tears after he left. I can't wait to see what the Lord has for my Bri. Here are some other goings on in our world...
*We celebrated our first holiday, Australia Day, in Sydney! Australia Day is the day the country was founded. However, Australia is NOT a completely independent country. They are a commonwealth of England. We had a great weekend of celebration complete with: a great dinner at a quaint cafe, trip to downtown Sydney, a trip to Darling Harbour (AMAZING), BBQ with friends, pool time, and movies! A great weekend.
*Internet. Still don't have it in the flat. Getting frustrated...grr! We rely on quaint cafe's and internet cafes near our place to get connected.
*There is a hole in the ozone above Sydney. I've been told this by heaps of people. However, I am now experiencing it, first-hand, with the burn I got laying out.
*Coffee. Coffee is divine. No exaggeration. I've never experienced coffee like it is here. However, there is NO such thing as "drip coffee" its all specialty. Just a note on how good it is...Brian has become a coffee drinker! And if you know Brian, you know just how great the coffee is here!
*J-O-B. I've applied to heaps and heaps of jobs. I'm an expert at the whole application/resume process now! There are lots of great opportunities out there. Please pray that I find a job that I enjoy soon! Brian cannot begin work until he has his school schedule which will be after Wednesday.
*Church...so much to say on this subject. In the short time we've attended Hillsong, I've learned SO much. As a matter of fact, I'm STILL processing. I am going to devote a WHOLE post on this later this week. Lets just say, God is at work in this place!
So good to be in blog world today. We love you all heaps and heaps!

Australian Dictionary:
Rubbish-Trash
Arvo-Afternoon
Sunnies-Sunglasses
I reckon-I believe, I think
Tomato Sauce-Ketchup
Take Away-To go
Lollie-Candy

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yeah.... I was so excited to see your post today... Just yesterday I was looking at your picture and wondering how Brian was doing in shcool... I said a little prayer for him yesterday!!! God is so good... and all the time He is good.!!!
I pray you find a job with people to surround and support you and people to minister to..

Again I LOVE your dictionary at the end of your posts.. hee hee..makes me want to come over there..!!!
Looking forward to your post about Hillsong..!!!!

Love you love you love you!

michelle said...

ha! i love these posts!

can't wait to hear more about Hilllsonng/church and what you're learning!

love you dear.

Kari said...

As you are enjoying your hot weather, we are NOT enjoying our ice! Ugh! How did Brian's first day of school go?

Anonymous said...

oh yay! Hope Brian's first day of school was amazing! :) can't wait to hear about Hillsong! glad you are enjoying the warm weather, hope your sunburn isn't too bad...we got some major ice and snow here!! snow day! :)

love you guys!!
Bri

Digital Chowder Resources said...

Just checking in to let you know I'm reading your blog and keeping up with your journey. Sounds like you are getting settled in okay and I know you have a lot of exciting ventures ahead both with Hillsong and in experiencing your new setting.