Monday, January 19, 2009

A Taste of Sydney

Sorry our posts are few and far between since we've arrived, but we don't have internet in our flat yet.  Internet service is very different here.  You must pay by download and not a flat fee each month.  Crazy.  So we're trying to find the best package for us.  In addition, we are waiting on our debit cards to arrive, and can't set up internet until they do.  So we're crossing our fingers to get wireless by the end of the week.  So bare with us till then!!!  However, we do have some pictures of the city.  And can I say its beautiful here?  Since we've arrived we've spent most of our time finding appliances and furniture for our flat.  So we haven't had lots of time to explore the city yet.  Most of these pics were taken at Rose Bay.  Tomorrow we are FINALLY going to the beach, so we'll have heaps more pics later.  So start the drumroll......here is Sydney:
This is us next to Rose Bay on our way to our friends' place.  We had so much fun with them!!!


This is the view from our balcony in our room.  Unbelievable!


Well, that is going to have to do for now.  We'll post more after we visit the lovely beach tomorrow.  Words can't express how much we appreciate your prayers.  We love you all SO much.  And miss you heaps!!!

Australian Dictionary:
Flat-apartment
Heaps-lots
*Thought you might need this, so you can learn the Aussie way too!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks beautiful! love the view from your flat! way cool! and nice shirt Brian! :) love you guys!
Bri

Carolyn said...

Oh my it looks so nice and warm there... it makes me warm just seeing you on the beach with no sleevs!! LOL... Love the dictionary...that's awesome..
Praise the Lord He has been doing so much since you left girl...all I can say right now is, God called me and asked me to go to Peru this June and serve in an Oprhanage!!! This last sunday I said "Yes".... I never thougth it would be somehting I could do...but my Heavenly Father said He will not allow anything to hurt my heart that is not good for me..
I wish you were here!!!
I love you!

Kari said...

Oh, so good to see you guys there! So neat! It looks so pretty! I really wish we could come visit. That would be amazing. I bet you are so glad the traveling went okay. We are praying.

Love,
Kari (and Nate and Landon) :-)

Carolyn said...

Hi Erika! I keep checking to see if there's anything new... Praying you get your internet lines out.. I miss hearing your adventures!! hee hee...
I finally posted my updates.. you might want to wait til you have nothing to do to read up.. it's not exactly a short one.. LOL...
Miss you...love you!! : )