Monday, January 12, 2009

Bon Voyage!

Tomorrow is the day!  The day we've known about for 9 months!  This journey leading up to tomorrow has had the highest of highs and lowest of lows.  Nothing has stretched my faith like this process.  Through all of the laughter and tears, God's hand has been evident in it all.  I've witnessed miracles.  Like I've never before.  And I can't wait to see what he has in store.  I know there will be more laughter and tears.  But I know we'll see our faithful heavenly Father through it all. And for that I'm excited.  I'm excited to see even bigger miracles than I've witnessed already.  

As we travel, we'd love & appreciate all the prayer we can get!  Those of you who have ever gotten on a plane and experienced delays know what I'm talking about!  Here are a couple of requests:  
*Weather-It is supposed to snow a considerable amount in Chicago, and unfortunately we are flying through O'Hare.  Please pray that we will not experience any delays and arrive to Sydney as planned.
*Luggage-On a mission trip to India my luggage was separated from the plane.  I went 2 days without anything but the clothes on my back.  Terrible.  However, this time we are traveling with ALL our belongings.  Please pray that our luggage arrives at the Sydney Airport WITH us.  
*Smooth Travel-Alert Pilot, safe travel conditions, etc.  A gracious friend in Sydney has agreed to pick us up from the airport when we arrive.  We also have a "welcoming team" waiting at the church for us.  I would HATE to miss this due to a delay.  Please pray that we won't experience any significant delays that would push our arrival in Sydney back. 
*Sleep-I don't sleep much on airplanes.  Our total travel time is 31 hours.  Enough said. 
*Health-No sleep.  Close quarters.  Winter.  Time change.  Again, enough said.
*Arrival-Pray that despite all the LONG hours traveling we won't be so overwhelmed when we arrive that we miss out on enjoying our first day in Sydney!

Thanks so much for your prayers.  There are no words to describe our gratitude for you all.  We truly have felt such a blanket of prayer over us.  We couldn't have done it without 'em.  

Last, but not least, travel details.  We will leave KCI at 9:55am tomorrow morning and fly to Chicago, LA, Fiji, and then arrive in Sydney Wednesday night at 7:30pm (your time).  It will be 12:30 pm Sydney time.  FYI, we are 17 hours ahead in Sydney.

Next time we blog we'll be in the land "down under"!!!!

XOXO
erika.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

We most definitely will be praying for you! Jeff and I have both traveled internationally on several occassions and understand exactly every single prayer request on your list (and, unfortunately, have experienced a few of them).

We'll look forward to hearing from you once you have arrived safely at your destination!

Love you guys and we are praying!

Mandy said...

Praying! Good luck! God is with you!

Carolyn said...

Hello friends!!! It's 1:49 here and you are somewhere between here and Sydney!!! I think.. hee hee..I just read your post from 1/12 and I am fighting back the tears as I see how AWSOME your journey has been so far.....I know it is SO AMAZING watching the Lord do a MIGHTY work...I am praying you through....
Much love
Carolyn